Thursday, March 12, 2015

Funny Friday Photos: Player Deer and Positive Protons

Happy Friday!

Look at my progress bar! I am so close to being done with the first draft of Through the Fairy Ring. The better news is that I'm five-hundred words away from 80,000 total, and still have about three scenes to write. I was worried the story would be too short after editing, but I'm confident now it'll be at least as long as Finding Meara.

I'm really liking how I can finally see how everything fits together. Not being able to get the full view of the story as I've been writing has messed with me and my motivation. This book has taught me a lot about trusting my subconscious and the process. Of course, that's assuming the story's a good one. I like it. Maybe some other people will too, right?

Instead of replying to the comments from last week, I'm just going to say a big thanks to Suzi Retzlaff, Veronica Roth, Roland Yeamons and Joe Hagy for stopping and voting for their favorite photo!

Last week's winner was:



Here's the new ones!


This week has been a killer.


A bunny with a headband, none-the-less.


My kids do this to me all the time. Last Sunday I got beaned with a tennis ball.


Reminds me of Arden, in a very funny way.





Me, too, Darth Pug, me too.
Puns! 




Always hear Right Said Fred in my head singing "I do my little turn on the catwalk."

I hope we all have a great weekend. On Saturday I'm taking a handgun class and all the rest of the weekend I'll be writing my little heart out. For the record, I only shoot at targets. I'm not a hunter (can't kill anything), but I love archery and pistol target shooting. I'm getting pretty darn good at shooting cans with a BB gun, too.

So, have a great weekend, and remember:




Which is your favorite? Mine is the Arden stag.

14 comments:

  1. I think the catwalk is my favorite. I like cats.

    And congrats on nearing the end of your first draft :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mike! I keep thinking I'll be done and the words keep stretching out in front of me! It's kind of frustrating and I'm getting itchy to be done!

      Delete
  2. Oh so funny, I love them all! I think I like the stag best though. At least that's the one that got me laughing instead of smiling. No kidding about this week being a killer! I was just complaining to my friend Kelly (mysoulfulhome.com) that I have two days left in Van before a little vacay in Mexico, and still have a massive amount of things to get dome. Not only that, but that darn daylight savings is playing havoc with Robert and my daily phone call because England doesn't spring forward till the end of the month! Ok enough complaining...off to think like a proton. Big hugs and congratulations on the draft. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does daylight savings make it so you add two more hours on? Or just the one?

      I hope you enjoy Mexico and thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. I like the frisbee dog! I can totally relate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pooped out French bulldog is sooooo cute! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! It's truly how I felt all last week. This week has been better. :)

      Delete
  5. So maybe it's not really the funniest, but the cat/bunny ears made me chuckle the most. I think it's cause I'm picturing the bunny (cat :) ) in its 'headband' as some 80s workout dress. The headband is one of those lame sweatbands that everybody wore. So not cool. Well, now. :) And if you can't picture what I mean, google Olivia Newton John and her Physical video. :)

    Have fun at your handgun class! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get what you mean. I remember the video! I love the cats face - it looks so surprised, like it got caught. :D

      Delete
  6. Congrats on nearing the end of your new book! That's great! I think it's cool that you're taking gun lessons. You may write a book with them in it and will have first hand knowledge (instead of just researching and guessing like me). I'm voting for the Cat Walk. So cute! Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I never thought about having a gun in a story. I had a shoot out in a short story once, but the main character was hiding, so I didn't have to get very detailed. Maybe I will write a story with them in it. :D

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...